1. Become a Supporting Member! - Membership dues support the day-to-day operations of the AAHS. They keep the lights on, the insurance paid, and the heat on, among other operating expenses. This year, in honor of our Greenfield House endeavor, dues paying members will receive a wooded Greenfield House plaque. Only so many will be made, and 2019 will be the only year they are created. Membership information can be found elsewhere on this website.
2. Become a volunteer! We always need help with projects and have plenty of them to keep up with.
3. Support the activities of of the Athens Area Historical Society (AAHS)! - Every year we have two main fundraisers: Homecoming and the Annual Tombstone Tour and Town Tales Event.
* Stay Tuned for further advertising of these events next year*
4. Support the Greenfield House directly! The AAHS has established a separate fund held by the Battle Creek Community Foundation (BCCF). All gifts are tax deductible, as we are a registered 501 (c) 3 charitable organization. We are in the midst of fundraising to complete the renovation. One of our successful fundraisers was "Adopt a Shutter" campaign. A gift of $1,000 for one of only 38 shutters, supported not only the installation of a historic shutter, but it went go to support the overall exterior restoration efforts. An additional fundraiser of "Adopt a Paver" is currently in process for further restoration efforts and landscaping. For more information contact Kacie Brunner: email@example.com, call or text 269-317-7591
Eladio (Chico) Ramirez
The Santa Slaying
(A Murder Mystery)
on Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets will be available at the Athens Area Historical Society Museum on Mondays from
9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Also, they will be at the Greenfield House Community Center on Tuesdays and Thursdays from
9 .m. to 11 a.m.
Tickets are also available by appointment.